Irvine is recognized nationally and globally as a city competing and ready to compete in a global economy. Almost 200 companies in Irvine reflect international investment and over 200 Irvine companies are already engaged in exporting and global trade. These companies represent a wide range of our most robust industry clusters:
- Lifesciences - Medical Device, Health Sciences Technology, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional Supplements
- Information and Semiconductor Technology – Software and Hardware
- Internet and Web Technology and Services
- Digital Arts & Media – Gaming and Educational Modules
- Advanced Manufacturing – aerospace, aeronautics, automotive
- International Banking
- International Accounting, Insurance and Financial Services Firms
- Freight Forwarding, National and International Logistics Services Firms
- Multiple Research and Development Centers
- The University of California Irvine, and a number of other college and university extensions or subsidiary campuses featuring a distinctly multinational, multicultural community of both faculty and students.
- Access to two world-class Ports – Port of Long Beach and Port of Los Angeles
- Access to three airports – LAX, John Wayne and Long Beach
Irvine and adjacent communities offer convenient, easy access to national and international passenger and cargo transport by air, ocean, truck, and rail. Warehouse and distribution facilities are conveniently located within Irvine or close by. All of Orange County is a Free Trade Zone.
Check out our Global Resources for further information!