Orange County CITD Launching Import Compliance Training
February 27 • 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM • Rancho Santiago CCD • Santa Ana, CA 9270633.76736069 -117.86819458
Rancho Santiago CCD
2323 N. Broadway
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Get Directions »
Time: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Join us for an Import Compliance practitioner’s course, which walks participants through all aspects of import compliance. This hands-on workshop covers the nuts and bolts of importing, including HTS classification, demonstrating reasonable care, Free Trade Agreements, C-TPAT, how to implement your own compliance program, and so much more. Whether you are new to your role of dealing with import compliance at your company, or need a refresher, this robust course will teach you the basics and keep you up to date on your responsibilities.
- Session 1: February 27 – Importing Basics: US Customs, Reasonable Care, Before you start importing
- Session 2: March 6 – Entry Applicability –The commercial invoice, HTS Classification, Free Trade Agreements
- Session 3: March 13 - The Government and Fines – Other Government Agencies, Violations, reporting errors
- Session 4: March 20 – Security – CTPAT, Customs Exams and Focused Assessments
- Session 5: March 27 – Various Topics – Labeling, AD/CV, Conflict minerals, special imports, selecting the right forwarder/broker
- Session 6: April 3 – Developing your internal Compliance Program – Manual, audits, training, ACE
Dates: February 27 – April 3 (Mondays)
Time: 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Venue: Rancho Santiago CCD , 2323 N. Broadway #107, Santa Ana, 92706
- Individuals: $995*
- Corporate: $795 per person (with a minimum of 4 people)
- Students/Faculty/Veterans: $100
* Small business scholarship: A $500 scholarship will granted to qualified small business participants based on a letter from their International Trade Advisor (SBDC or CITD) or International Trade Specialist (US Commercial Service) indicating that they are a current importer or import ready and in need of this training.
We are offering our partner organizations a special rate of $250.00 for this training. If you or anybody from your organization would like to attend please use promo code PARTNERS250.
You May Also Be Interested In:
15 Facts about the Irvine Unified School District
IUSD remains at the vanguard of the “green schools” movement. In addition to generating hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings on utility bills through staff conservation efforts, the district has promoted environmentally friendly construction and diverted thousands of tons of construction debris to recyclers for reuse.