Orange County CITD Launching Import Compliance Training
February 27 • 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM • Rancho Santiago CCD • Santa Ana, CA 9270633.76736069 -117.86819458
Rancho Santiago CCD
2323 N. Broadway
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Get Directions »
Time: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Join us for an Import Compliance practitioner’s course, which walks participants through all aspects of import compliance. This hands-on workshop covers the nuts and bolts of importing, including HTS classification, demonstrating reasonable care, Free Trade Agreements, C-TPAT, how to implement your own compliance program, and so much more. Whether you are new to your role of dealing with import compliance at your company, or need a refresher, this robust course will teach you the basics and keep you up to date on your responsibilities.
- Session 1: February 27 – Importing Basics: US Customs, Reasonable Care, Before you start importing
- Session 2: March 6 – Entry Applicability –The commercial invoice, HTS Classification, Free Trade Agreements
- Session 3: March 13 - The Government and Fines – Other Government Agencies, Violations, reporting errors
- Session 4: March 20 – Security – CTPAT, Customs Exams and Focused Assessments
- Session 5: March 27 – Various Topics – Labeling, AD/CV, Conflict minerals, special imports, selecting the right forwarder/broker
- Session 6: April 3 – Developing your internal Compliance Program – Manual, audits, training, ACE
Dates: February 27 – April 3 (Mondays)
Time: 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Venue: Rancho Santiago CCD , 2323 N. Broadway #107, Santa Ana, 92706
- Individuals: $995*
- Corporate: $795 per person (with a minimum of 4 people)
- Students/Faculty/Veterans: $100
* Small business scholarship: A $500 scholarship will granted to qualified small business participants based on a letter from their International Trade Advisor (SBDC or CITD) or International Trade Specialist (US Commercial Service) indicating that they are a current importer or import ready and in need of this training.
We are offering our partner organizations a special rate of $250.00 for this training. If you or anybody from your organization would like to attend please use promo code PARTNERS250.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Irvine #4 in the Top Ten Cities of the Future Overall
The top 10 of fDi’s third biennial ranking of American cities is a wholly North American affair, with all entrants located in Canada or the US. Rebounding somewhat following a turbulent economic period, FDI projects into North America increased 4.55% between 2012 and 2014.