Economic Vitality Council Meeting
January 16 • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM • Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce • Irvine, CA 9261433.68582535 -117.85909271
Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce
36 Executive Park, Ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92614
Get Directions »
Time: 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Debate, discuss and propose action on the issues that influence our business growth economic vitality. Member expertise, insight and opinion are required!
Questions to be discussed include:
- According to a percentage of Business Outreach Rally responses and our conversations with Irvine companies, there are signs that attracting talent may be an increasing problem for our technology-based industries. This area produces 30,000 STEM graduates annually – but there is stiff competition for this talent. What more can the EVC and its committees do to help our companies attract and retain qualified talent?
- Our Irvine/Orange County population is growing more diverse every day. While we are already partnering and collaborating with these new constituencies, what additional programs, initiatives and activities would you recommend the Chamber consider to more effectively outreach and create opportunities?
- The Chamber is developing a plan of action to launch a regional business attraction strategy (Southern California, Northern California and other western states) to persuade companies to relocate or expand here. Where would you go and why? And what kinds of things and activities would you recommend we do to help the Chamber raise Irvine’s profile among qualified prospects and gain their consideration?
- When you look at all the Chamber resources, activities, programs and connections, in your opinion, what could the Chamber consider doing more of, less of or add that will make us more effective in our work to help businesses and Irvine’s economy grow?
- Knowing the economy and its primary industry sectors I Irvine/OC, what 21st century jobs and industries do you see emerging and growing and what can the EVC and its committees do to cultivate these emerging, growing job opportunities and strengthen Irvine’s opportunities?
You May Also Be Interested In:
15 Facts about the Irvine Unified School District
IUSD remains at the vanguard of the “green schools” movement. In addition to generating hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings on utility bills through staff conservation efforts, the district has promoted environmentally friendly construction and diverted thousands of tons of construction debris to recyclers for reuse.