International Development Committee
To expand opportunities and grow the impact of trade, export and foreign direct investment on Irvine’s businesses and economy, enhance the value of our diversity, optimize competitive global positioning and strengthen Irvine’s international profile.
February 28, 2017
Be part of the solution! Attend and participate!
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) – U.K. mission results, company connections, resources and contacts made during the February 12-17 FDI trip; next steps to prepare for an Irvine Showcase – inviting qualified prospect companies from the U.K. to Irvine , Fall 2017.
- Global Resources Microsite: Help us build out the Global resources portal and content.
- OC World trade Week breakfast & Forum: Build the strength of Orange County’s biggest and only trade event!
- Global Trade: And help us un-pack and develop strategies to tackle our global trade challenges:
- Global Trade & U.S. National interests: Join us to seek solutions, specific policies, programs, activities and events we can launch to help our greater Irvine businesses manage and navigate the current shifting alliances, trends and global trade terrain.
Don’t miss it!
Chair: Marv Sepe
Chair: Leigh Volkland
The International Development Committee Mission Statement
The IDC will work to promote trade and enhance Irvine’s global competitiveness. The IDC will create Task Forces that support World Trade Week, export and trade, Foreign Direct Investment, international outreach and leverage the global advantages of Irvine’s diverse population.
The International Development Committee Meeting Dates
Every fourth Tuesday of the month (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) All meetings held at the Irvine Chamber – 36 Executive Park, Ste. 100 Irvine, CA 92614