Education & Workforce Development
The Education & Workforce Development (EWD) Committee will identify and develop projects that support business and education collaboration to meet 21st century workforce development challenges. The EWD will create task forces that build Irvine’s workforce readiness, generate high skilled jobs, enhance Irvine’s ability to keep and attract talent, and help businesses grow and prosper.
July 18, 2017
Join all your colleagues and business associates who participate in Business Attraction & Retention, Education & Workforce Development and International Development Committees to see the results of your time and effort!
- Celebrate all the impressive Committee work product and outcomes from this previous fiscal year and how they influence Irvine’s economy.
- Recognize the Task Force Leaders and committee participants that delivered successful projects and how these impact the Chamber’s reputation and ability to make a difference in Irvine and Orange County.
- Take advantage of the Chamber’s new spotlight on economic development work, learn more about our 2017-2018 FY strategic plan and new opportunities moving forward!
- Help us recognize and thank our outgoing EVC Chair, Dan Han, for his extraordinary dedication and commitment to shaping and influencing Irvine's economy through the Chamber’s work.
- Expand your network - meet, greet and connect with members and business leaders across all disciplines and committee focus.
Reception immediately following the meeting.
The EVC brings together the talent, energy and expertise of Chamber members, education and the business community to influence and impact the economic vitality of Irvine, its businesses and your business!
NOTE: All Committee meetings scheduled for July are cancelled in favor of the EVC Forward Focus half-year working meeting and reception.
Chair: John Kurth
Syntactics Sales Scripting
Chair: Brian Dozer
The Education & Workforce Development Committee Mission Statement
The EWD Committee will identify and develop projects that support business and education collaboration to meet 21st century workforce development challenges. The EWD will create task forces that build Irvine’s workforce readiness, generate high skilled jobs, enhance Irvine’s ability to keep and attract talent and help businesses grow and prosper.
The Education & Workforce Development Committee Meeting Dates
Every third Wednesday of the month (4 pm - 5 pm) All meetings held at the Irvine Chamber.