Business Attraction & Retention
To influence Irvine’s economic vitality by attracting new business, helping existing businesses grown, expand and prosper, offering solutions to business challenges and nurturing and encouraging start-ups and entrepreneurs.
February 21, 2017
Be part of the solution! Attend and participate!
- Startup Eco-system: Strategies to build our Irvine/OC start up eco-system (investor forum, workshop development, mentoring and retention of startup companies here) – some intriguing ideas have emerged!
- Business Outreach Rally: getting ready to make calls on Irvine companies, set next Rally date, recruit volunteers, decide on incentives, discuss territories, propose enhancements.
- Large Company Outreach: we’ll be working on a plan of action, objectives and recruiting an elite team of outreach experts.
- And we will take next steps on Forward Focus Topics:
- Irvine’s Top Five Issues – cost of doing business in Irvine, talent attraction & retention, lack of capital, lifestyle assets and deficits and what we can do to improve.
- I Started a Company, Now What? – establishing a next level mentoring program, collaborating with gateway organizations and more co-branded programs and outreach with partners.
- Social Media, Business Connections and Customer Acquisition – programs, activities and outreach.
Don’t miss it!
Chair: Brian Andersen
First Class Connection
Chair: Brian Montes
KEB HR Managing & Consulting
Business Attraction & Retention Committee Mission Statement
The BAR Committee will work to educate, inform, retain, grow, and expand existing businesses in Irvine. The BAR Committee will create Task Forces that manage or mitigate business challenges and issues, support business development, provide data, research and information that informs and inspires business owners and managers and encourages start up businesses.
Business Attraction & Retention Meeting Dates
(Every third Tuesday of the month 4 pm – 5:00 pm) All meetings held at the Irvine Chamber.