About Destination Irvine
Destination Irvine, funded by a self-imposed assessment tax through a Hotel Improvement District (H.I.D.), positions Irvine as a destination for visitors, meetings and groups. Destination Irvine sells the destination through direct sales efforts including database marketing, lead generation, trade show participation, and familiarization tours. In addition, Destination Irvine promotes Irvine through marketing, advertising and public relations efforts.
As the official Destination Marketing Organization for Irvine, the mission of Destination Irvine is to partner with the tourism and hospitality industry to brand and promote Irvine as a preferred overnight destination in Southern California for groups, sports events, leisure visitors and business travelers. Destination Irvine’s goals are designed to enhance the economy of the city of Irvine through sustained growth in tourism spending, resulting in an increase in economic impact.
STAY LOCAL. Plan an Unforgettable Meeting in Irvine
If you are planning a meeting for your company or organization, keep your meeting in Irvine. If you serve on a board of a national or international association that has an annual conference or regional meeting, help support Irvine as a meeting destination and hold your meeting here.
When conventions and meetings are held in Irvine, transient occupancy tax revenues (paid by hotel guests) and sales tax revenues are generated. These taxes help support the city's general fund, which pays for city services like police, fire and education. Plus visitors support local businesses!
- 19 major brand hotels from economy to full-service and boutique
- More than 4,400 sleeping rooms
- Nearly 170,000 square feet of hotel meeting space to accommodate groups of 10 to 1,200 people
- A variety of venues available for conferences, receptions, special events and team-building activities totaling more than 1 million sq. ft. of event space
Why host your meeting in Irvine?
- Your attendees will be impressed by a masterfully-planned meeting.
- Your attendees will appreciate the convenience of having a meeting in the center of Orange County.
- Hosting a meeting in Irvine supports your local economy and enhances the quality of life for its residents.
How Destination Irvine can help:
Destination Irvine is a one-stop shop resource offering complimentary services for planning and service support to all groups holding conventions, trade shows, meetings and public events in Irvine.
Complimentary Event Service Programs Include:
- RFP distribution
- Event planning assistance
- Site negotiations
- Site visits
- Contract negotiations
- Familiarization tours
- Off-site venue recommendations
- Referrals to area restaurants
- Activity and team building recommendations
Learn about Destination Irvine's Loyalty Program
For more information contact: Demea Metcalf, Director of Sales, firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 502-4127.
Hotel Partners Fueling Irvine Economic Vitality
- AC Hotel
- Atrium Hotel
- Candlewood Suites
- Courtyard by Marriott, Irvine Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott, Irvine Spectrum
- DoubleTree by Hilton, Irvine Spectrum
- Embassy Suites Irvine
- Extended Stay America, Irvine Spectrum
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Irvine
- Homewood Suites
- Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Marriott
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, Irvine Spectrum
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Irvine Airport
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Irvine Spectrum
- Spring Hill Suites
- Wyndham Irvine – OC Airport