International Development Committee
The International Development Committee (IDC) aims to expand opportunities and grow the impact of trade, export, and foreign direct investment on Irvine’s businesses and economy, enhance the value of our diversity, optimize competitive global positioning, and strengthen Irvine’s international profile.
Next Meeting January 28, 12 pm to 1 pm
- Foreign Direct Investment - Receive a UK life science companies status report and recap of visiting UK executives in their consideration of Irvine for expansion. Learn more about the February FDI delegation trip to London.
- Orange County World Trade Week - Help us plan our Orange County signature export/import event with table sales, sponsorships, and ticket sales.
- Irvine Gateway Aftercare- Learn more about the aftercare offered to U.K. companies who have successfully expanded to Irvine.
- Next Stage International Marketing - Join us in attracting incremental foreign direct investment by raising Irvine's profile as a smart choice for companies considering U.S. expansion.
- Join us in a thoughtful discussion of the current global landscape and its impact on local business growth.
The International Development Committee's taskforces support World Trade Week, export and trade, foreign direct investment, international outreach, and leverage the advantages of Irvine's global population.
To learn how to become involved, contact Jessica Yip.
Chair: Marv Sepe
Chair: Rima Nashashibi
Global Hope 365
The International Development Committee promotes trade and enhances Irvine’s global competitiveness.
The International Development Committee Meeting Dates
Every fourth Tuesday of the month (12:00 - 1:00 p.m.) All meetings held at the Irvine Chamber – 36 Executive Park, Ste. 100 Irvine, CA 92614