An internship may be paid, unpaid or partially paid (in the form of a stipend).
Paid internships are most common in the medical, architecture, science, engineering, law, business (especially accounting and finance), technology and advertising fields. Internships in non-profit organizations such as charities and think tanks are often unpaid, volunteer positions. Internships may be part-time or full-time; they are typically part-time during the university year and full-time in the summer. They usually last 6-12 weeks, but can be shorter or longer depending on the company involved. The act of job shadowing may also constitute interning.
- The Chapman University Employer Guide to Internships website is for employers and interns. Employers that wish to find out about the internship program should contact Aaron Perez at Chapman University Career Center at (714) 997-6942.
- Pepperdine University encourages students to pursue internships throughout the academic year. Employers contact the Office of Alumni and Career Services at (310) 568-5760.
- The UCI Extension Program matches employers with interns. Employers should contact Kristin Kerrigan at (949) 824-8526 or email email@example.com
- The Education 2 Career Division of University of Phoenix provides a rich pipeline of highly diverse students and alumni for career and internship opportunities. For more information, call (866) 247-5690 or email E2C@phoenix.edu
- The Concordia University Career Center will match students with employers at http://www.cuicareers.com. Employers can call Victoria Jaffe, at (949) 214-3042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Irvine Valley College Career and Job Placement Center. Employers should contact Kaye McDonald (949) 451-5268 or email email@example.com or go to College Central Website
- Employers can contact Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 582-4278 Saddleback College’s Online Job Board: Gaucho Jobs
- University of La Verne’s Career Services Center works closely with businesses. Employers contact J. Mojarro at (909) 448-4054 or email email@example.com
- For all inquires regarding internships from the University of Redlands please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employers are matched with student interns through the UCI Career Center. Employers looking for UCI Student Intern call (949) 824-6881
- The Cal State Fullerton Center for Internships & Community Engagement. Employers call (657) 278-3746 or email email@example.com
- FIDM firmly believes hands-on experience is an integral part of education. The FIDM Career Center assists employers looking for students. Employers contact the school directly at (949) 851-6200
Internship positions are available from businesses, government departments, non-profit groups and organizations.
For more information on the Employer/Internship Programs contact Pepper Russell at 949 660 9112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.